Relocation is a very important task and experience. Even though the journey may take a lengthy process from the beginning till reaching the new home, every part of the task is an interesting one such as scheduling, packaging, shifting, unpacking, and settling into a new home. But the moving process will be smooth and enjoyable only when you plan the process and follow some things and tips for settling in a new home. Let’s have a deep look into what things are needed to do.
Things To Do Before Leaving The Present House:
There are several activities you should do before you vacate your current house. If you do these basic activities before leaving your present house, it will make life easier in your new house. So, start the activities from your present house.
- Make a financial plan.
- Let your existing house’s owner know that you are relocating.
- Tell the housekeeper, paperboy, milk supplier, newspaper, etc. about your relocation.
- Return anything if you borrow from anyone.
- Pay whatever unpaid bills are there.
- Get your kid’s academic transfer certificates and other related documents from the school.
- Carefully set apart the essential records and files.
- Fetching your health reports.
- Providing your new address to the necessary purpose.
- Switch the LPG and DTH connections.
- Capture images of the power sockets and connections of the present house will enable the installation of the lines easier for you in your new residence.
- Contact the electrician for proper disconnection of all cables regarding the power equipment and secure all outlets and carpenter for the cautious removal of the furnishings’ bolts and nails a couple of days ahead of moving time.
- Before your shifting to your new home, keep in mind that you should do thorough pest-proofing of your present house because bringing bugs to your new house is not a smart option.
- Before actually leaving the house, many people prefer to leave their current house painted. Keeping the house whitewashed may be a nice suggestion to have it neat and clean properly.
- It is a decent manner to take responsibility as a tenant for any damage you cause to the present house and have it repaired before departing or pay the necessary amount.
- When you leave, capture images and footage of the current residence. As a result, you do not need to be responsible if there is anything damage to the residence later because you have evidence.
Things To Do For The Preparation Of The New House Before Shifting There:
- Relocation to a new home entails a significant amount of paperwork. Before you move, double-check that you have everything you need.
- Your home’s protection and security are essential. As a result, as soon as you obtain the keys to a new residence, you must change the locks.
- When relocating to a new house, it may not be completely fresh, so it is a smart option to have the switches and wiring tested and examined before your move.
- Take photographs and video of the new house because a lot of works are needed to do inside the house like repainting, piping, and so on. As a result, you can know if they, rather than you, have caused any damage.
- When you’re not happy with cabinets or cupboards in a new house, get an idea from an expert about it before your relocation.
- Make careful measurements regarding the entryway and rooms to get an idea of how or where your belongings should go.
- The new residence may have had a chance to get viruses and bacteria previously, so hiring a trained cleaner to clean it before your arrival is important.
- Gathering crucial contact information before shifting will assist you after reaching your new home.
- Looking for a kid’s school is an essential thing before the relocation.
- You should examine the rate of medicare, travel, rental, and housekeeping before you shift because these may differ from what you are used to in your present residence. So, exploring the new house and its area in advance is a better choice.
- To get a sense of potential residing location, better ride nearby to see what amenities are accessible.
- In advance, if you get to know about the modes of travel available there. As a result, you will feel at ease and be familiar with the area and transit options.
Things To Do For The Move:
Even though packaging, loading, shipping, unloading, and other chores may appear to be quick and easy, they are extremely difficult to complete. You should follow some tips for the proper preparation of the safe packaging and transportation of the belongings to your new house.
- Shortlisting items is a necessary activity. Before beginning the packaging, you have to consider what you want to sell, contribute, or discard, you should shortlist all things and categorize them.
- You can contact your movers after categorizing essential items and getting a basic notion of what items are ready for transportation. You can try to handle it by yourself. However, that will bring you more tension.
- The packers and movers generally get years of knowledge regarding the proper packaging, lifting, loading, and unloading the fragile and large things, and safe transportation of your belongings till reaching your new home.
- Remember the fact that relocation is the most significant monetary decision. So, before choosing the packers and movers, request quotes from a minimum of three companies to make an accurate decision.
- Evaluate the companies and select the one that best suits your all needs, for example, if you get a variety of houseplants or if you have pet animals, you can hire a firm that also provides transit facilities for them.
- When you sign the contract with a moving company, demand them to show their legitimate certification.
- Evaluating the company’s insurance coverage is an essential factor. A good service can provide insurance coverage in the event of damage during shipping.
- The most favorable advantage of hiring packers and movers is that they will possess the necessary equipment, supplies, and professionals to pack all belongings, and they can also protect them while shipping.
- Write down an overview of all items before transportation, it allows you to easily track them and ensure that everything is ready for the relocation procedure. The moving company can also generate a list for you if you request them for packing service.
- Unpacking and reorganizing household belongings are just a few of the tasks that must be completed after relocation.
Also Read: Top 5 Space-Saving Ideas For Small Houses
Things To Do After Moving To The New House:
After that, you and your family have successfully moved into your new home, you must do some basic responsibilities. To maintain a pleasant life there, you should follow some tips.
- Make sure your new house owner is aware of your coming.
- Capture photos and videos of your new house. These photographs and recordings will safeguard you from being accused of causing damage that you did not do.
- Use the services of an electrician and a carpenter for proper fixing of the electrical devices and the proper placing of the cabinets and furnishings.
- Enrollment of children to the new school process is an essential and immediate one.
- Begin looking for important services like a housekeeper, milk delivery, newspaper delivery, and other essential services.
- Keep in touch with your surroundings and with your neighbors to create a new place more comfortable.
Moving to a new house or a new place with your family entails unexpected and expected responsibilities. You should do those things before and after your relocation for settling into a new house in an attempt to have a pleasant shifting experience in your new environment.
Also Read: How to Pack Toys for Safely Transportation?